Strengthening your panel proposal
Unique, engaging panels presented by dynamic, knowledgeable presenters make Phoenix Comicon an exciting and memorable event. We host thousands of hours of panels and need help from talented, enthusiastic fans willing to spend the time to create, practice and present imaginative panels. Here are some tips on what we look for when deciding which proposals are a good fit for Phoenix Comicon.
- We look for experienced public speakers
- We count panels every year and attendance and feedback on previously presented panels help us decide what and who to bring back
- We host sessions on presenting successfully at Phoenix Comicon, presenters who attend these sessions have greater chance of being selected and successful
- Communication and flexibility are very important. We are less likely to schedule presenters who are difficult to reach, who take a long time to reply or who have limited availability
- Preparation and planning are key- if we can see from your proposal that you have a well thought out, organized panel and if you can show us that you’ve practiced and polished your presentation, we’ll be more likely to schedule your panel
- We also pay close attention to the overall fit of content for our attendees.
- Most of our programming is all ages. Panels that will feature strong language, graphic content, any degree of nudity or strong sexual innuendo need to be clearly marked as 18+
- Too many panelists can make a presentation difficult to manage and our stages are only able to safely hold 6.
There are some elements and topics that we host on an
- In Character Q&A
- Make and Takes (attendees pay a fee to participate and make something they keep)
Conventioningpanels (where the topics include what to do or how to behave at Phoenix Comicon or at conventions in general)